In this workshop we consider the design and implementation of optimization algorithms, with a focus on vehicle routing problems.
We attempt to answer the following questions:
- What is time and space complexity? Why is it important?
- How to represent a solution efficiently?
- What are the main bottlenecks and how to avoid them?
- How do parallel computing work? Why, when, and how to parallelize?
- How to design flexible and reusable code?
- How to avoid reinventing the wheel?
- Java 7 SDK or higher (required)
- CPlex 12.5 or similar (optional to run some of the examples)
- Eclipse Juno or similar (optional)